top of page

Form W-2 & 1099 Guide

Poplar Financial is here to help as much as we can, but for most W-2 and 1099 questions, we recommend that you contact your payroll or HR department. 

When should I receive my Form W-2 or 1099? 

Your employer is required to provide you with Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. 

Your employer must mail or hand-deliver your W-2 to you no later than January 31st.  Companies are required to issue and mail out 1099 Forms to all vendors by January 31st. 




How do I view my Form W-2 online?

Most employees can view their W-2s online. Log in to your employee payroll portal by clicking Client Login in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.  If you’re having trouble logging in, email us at or call us at 901-313-4404.




My Form W-2 or 1099 information is incorrect. Who do I contact?
If your Form W-2 or 1099 information is incorrect, please contact your employer to make the change. Examples of wrong information would be an incorrect Social Security Number, incorrect name, or incorrect wages. If your attempts to have a Form W-2 corrected by your employer are unsuccessful and it is after February 15th, contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.




How do I access my W-2 from a former employer?
If you are unable to view your paystub or W2 by logging in to your Poplar Financial payroll account, you need to contact your former employer. For W-2s, you may also contact the IRS (  
For additional information please call 901-313-4404




What if I haven’t received my W-2 or 1099?
If you have not received your Form W-2 or Form 1099, please contact your employer.  They should be able to tell you if and when the W-2 was delivered. If it was mailed, it may have been returned to your employer because of an incorrect or incomplete address. If you do not receive your

W-2 by February 15th, you can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040




I need a W-2 or 1099 from an employer who has gone out of business. What do I do?
If your former employer is no longer in business, they are still obligated to provide you with a W-2. If you still do not receive your W-2 by February 15th, you can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.




bottom of page